OT Body armour - stab proof vest

Not quite DIY but does anyone know of a better price than £300 for a covert level IIA stab proof vest.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Trouble with the neighbours again Adam?

To answer your question, though, I was looking at several security equipment suppliers for something else recently. I've checked a few web sites from my list and all of them seem to be chargng £300 to 330 for what you want.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The ones issued to London Ambulance staff are tailor made & cost around £350 each.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I reckon his girlfriend has found out about the bit on the side :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I doubt they are tailor made as opposed to just being made in a number of sizes. One thing that always amazes me is that they seem to offer no protection to the lower abdomen and that an upward strike would likely slide in underneath the vest.

Reply to
Geoff

I wonder if these vests or an accessory have naughty bits coverage.

Reply to
Andy Hall

My daughter was measured for hers and had to wait a fortnight for it to be made.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Armour plated box is what he needs

Reply to
geoff

If she gets to him first he's gonna need a silk lined box...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No. Just expecting it.

He (the next door neighbour) has threatened me with a knife before, his Dad died in a mental instituition (a little research found that out) and today he spent 20 minutes walking around his back garden while talking to himself and saying he will kill That Dick (his nickname for me) and That Fat Bastard (his nickname for his other next door neighbour).

Personally I do expect him to try to stab me at some point. Certain officials are taking action against him and his wife for other behavioural problems and so I expect things can only get worse. I cannot YouTube him yet because of these actions against them.

A small price to pay.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Doesn't answer your questiion but a few years ago you could buy chain mail clothes from

The company appears to have disappeared, but not before their web site was archived by the "wayback machine".

I have no idea whether they were stab proof, but the site was interesting anyhow ;-) :

(very slow)

Make your own judgement.

Reply to
Vortex3

Chain mail is fairly good at resisting slashing attacks, but relatively poor at resisting stabbing. "The point always beats the edge" as they say.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wonder if you can get him sectioned under the mental health act ? - certainly sounds like he needs assessment...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

how about £25, but not quite covert

Mark

Going by the description there, it says something about "no filler" -=20 could this be the armour that's missing ?

For =A350, it looks like you can get ex-police body armour, not sure=20 what the stab level is though...

Colin Wilson

In message , ARWadworth writes

Replied via email. Is your address valid?

Someone

Reply to
somebody

(unused but tried-on once or twice). Hardly covert, it had a white washable liner. I think it had titanium plates as its active elements. It was bloody heavy to wear though. I think my successors were issued with slightly more ballistic-resistant PPE...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I must get my eyes tested....I read that as quilt cover.

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

That looks like just the cover. Becky's stab vest came with a spare cover in case ooh nasty stuff gets splattered on it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

>> rch_string=body+armour&search=Search&price_range=

It's a sad state of affairs when members of the fire brigade and ambulance services need to worry about people trying to main them :(

Reply to
Tim S