OT: BMW closing plant shock horror



Total bollocks, and you really should know better. No SM, CU, etc are *implicit* with leaving. Keep any of those and you have to keep the lot.
--
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without
evidence."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:13:10 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

You waste valuable time trying to communicate with this block-head, mate. She is one of the very few people here who I have perma-plonked for being totally impervious to reason. I suggest you do likewise for the sake of your own sanity.
--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:29:20 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Translation: 'Because some people won't roll over to all my BS I'm going top stick my fingers in my ears and hide like a coward.'

Too late for that for all you fanatical Brexiteers.
So, over two years ago they asked the unprepared - great unwashed an un-answerable question (other than to those on some cult-crusade) and 1/3rd of the electorate voted to 'Leave the EU' but without anything in the way of detail regarding the outcome or consequences.
Tell the people the truth, explain to them that most of the Leave campaign was 'Project Fear' and downright lies and give them a chance to vote on what is offered as the final deal.
If you are so sure that 'the people' want to leave the EU, then they will still vote for it ... and it it's that obvious that it is a good idea for most people, then maybe a supermajority will vote for it.
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 18:46 23 Sep 2018, T i m wrote:

Leavers feign outrage to defend their wafer-thin victory in the referendum. They fear a second referendum will deny them their original victory.
Trouble is that original victory isn't turning out to be much.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip> >> If you are so sure that 'the people' want to leave the EU, then

Because unlike most people who voted remain, the leavers were the ones wanting to change the status quo (and so as you say, more inclined to be vocal about their stance).

I'd say more like petrified, both for the fear they won't get what *they* want (where they is likely to be only a minority of those who voted leave ITRW) or the people get the first chance to make an informed decision. Given how much the fanatic Brexiterrs go on about democracy and our sovereignty you would have thought they would be keen to see real democracy at work?
We get a distance selling 'cooling off period' when buying most things so you would think that would especially apply to us deciding (polling) to leave the EU!

But it wasn't ever going to be was it? How can anyone go into such a thing, confident they were doing what 'the people' wanted when the whole charade was surrounded with lies and BS ... and only 'decided' by a few percent of the electorate?
I still couldn't vote either way because I still don't know what my vote would be likely to mean to 'most people' (as 'most people' (eg, at least 2/3rds of the electorate) CGAF about what the fanatic Brexiteers voted for or they would have voted for it in greater numbers).
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 23/09/2018 17:13, Tim Streater wrote:

Well if you had explained that before the referendum the answers would have been different.
I recall you also think the ECHR is part of the EU and that we voted to leave that too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew that, Den.

You're confusing me with yourself.
--
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.

Ernest Rutherford
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 17:13 23 Sep 2018, Tim Streater wrote:

Those things might seem implicit but it turns out that's not the case.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 19:34:39 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

There comes a point when all the lies and phony patriotism has to be paid for in pounds sterling, a lot of pounds sterling.
As the Tories were on Radio 4 this morning blaming labour for the rise in problem gamblers, those that remain in power will have excuses that would eclipse the fiction shelves of any library when it comes to trying to lay off the blame for Brexit.
Most will slide into the woodwork in a couple of years and probably hope for the best their offspring forgive their stupidity when it comes to change the nappy and wipe up the slobber time.
AB
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because the remainers sabotaged them. May, with no experience of commercial negotiations put herself in charge and as to be expected she screwed up just as she did with the last general election.

None in government. Farage who was not in government thought his work was done. He had obtained and won a referendum against all the odds.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Says it all really. A failed businessman cons a majority into believing him. Starts a trend.
--
*Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:24:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Where 'majority' = just over half of those who voted and only 1/3 of the electorate.
No wonder 'the country' (the government / the EU / most businesses) aren't behind it.
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
writes

Fantasy. There is no stopping it now that Article 50 has been invoked. The UK is out regardless of anything anyone does now.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:18:42 +0100, Tufnell Park wrote:

Yup, Brexit or Putin - or Trump!
--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:05:50 +0100, Tim Streater

Not bad, "Fake News". A nice little Trumpism to stop his rednecks from suspecting anything might be amiss.
It rolls off the tongue wonderfully and gives no hint of what such a timing upheaval might cause.
I worked at the plant, they shut down, yes. They do not announce a shutdown at such short notice, even when the plant is not in production the planning so that all the contractors work alongside each other with minimal interference is huge.
Personally I never did like minis. The Germans are reputed to have turned them around quality and reliability wise, but they still look like the nasty pieces of Junk Leyland produced years back.
Good Riddance!!
Brexiters love the little gems that roll off the tounge. Fake news, controlling our borders, bringing back sovereignty. Not one of the clueless morons can define the reality of what they are mouthing, but with only a brain cell or two to spare, a full paragraph, or even an explanation of what they actually want is totally beyond them.
AB
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:05:50 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

Blimey! Even the BBC admitted that! I've noticed how the Remoan crowd are getting increasingly desperate (the Continentals, I mean). These foreign bosses are sick of Brussels playing politics. The bosses want good relations with Britain for perfectly sound economic reasons whereas the politicians really want to fuck us up as an example to other countries not to leave. Be interesting to see who wins out, but the pressure on the fat-cat eurocrats is becoming intense now, LOL!
--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

We will be one of their largest markets outside the EU.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 18/09/2018 23:18, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Want to explain why its shutting down months earlier than usual? Its usually in the industrial shutdown when most of the parts suppliers also shutdown. Its when they do routine maintenance on plantm or move plant from place to place (England to Poland?). Or they are doing it twice as they aren't getting any parts during the later industrial shutdown? They don't generally have a system for stockpiling weeks worth of parts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because, if there does turn out to be some glitch with the movement of stuff between the UK and the EU just after BRexit, it would make sense if that happens during the shutdown, stupid.

But it makes sense to do it differently that year.

Unlikely.

Duh.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
That is correct, they said they are doing it a month earlier this year just in case of any issues over Brexit, but also because employees found they preferred holidays a bit earlier. I wonder though if they all took their lovely little kids out of school outside of school holiday time if they would all get a fine through the post! Brian
--
----- --
This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.