OT: BMW closing plant shock horror

Apparently their UK Mini plant will shut for at least a month the from day after Brexit, says SkyNews.
Trouble is that while true, this is fake news: this plant shuts every year for a month of maintenance
--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:05:50 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

But usually in the summer. This will probably screw up the expected cashflow and holidays for the component suppliers.

That's as may be. Still fake news though, pushed by SkyNews in the hope that the gullible will believe that the closure is unnecessary and caused by brexit.
This is the sort of bollocks that passes for news these days.
--
When I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious what they
had in mind was not democratic. In Britain you vote for a government so the

Or the '£350M/w we can spend on the NHS instead'?
I wonder if the government filed A.50 to exactly coincide with BMW's annual shutdown?
Cheers, T i m
On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 19:50:26 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

Do any other makers of cars have an annual shutdown or is it just BMW.

Yep, plenty do.

Nope.

Well VW do. Got to do essential maintenance sometime

--
bert

More fake news

--
bert

Good to know you hang on every word of Sky News.
--
*ATHEISM IS A NON-PROPHET ORGANIZATION.

bert

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:10:53 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. In the event of the best outcome (no deal at all) there will be some inevitable upheaval for the first few months. But any prize worth seizing requires a certain amount of temporary pain. But this *is* a prize worth seizing and it will only be *temporary* pain - and that is a price well worth paying.
On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 23:34:09 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:

I think Churchill said something similar about our last substantial negotiations with a united Europe.
'course, he didn't have Corbyn and the BBC to contend with. They knew their place in them days.
Owain

Attlee didn’t.

No surprise. They told him to piss off.
--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Care to define 'temporary'? Or is it just one of those words Brexiteers use to mean anything at all?

A negative prize. Interesting idea.
--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

An idea borrowed from the National Lottery/Scratch Cards/Euro Millions where the minor prizes are less than you pay for the ticket but are declared as "wins"
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 18/09/2018 23:34, Cursitor Doom wrote:

You will be long dead before any benefits are felt by the UK if there are any.

We've already seen some benefits, most obviously with fewer EUians showing up in the UK looking for work and more of them going home.

We ? While you are free to comment there is no way you can be included with us Brits as We. You are just as foreign as those EUians . Australians are bred for bar work so we let a few in for that ,shagged the women ,kept some of the pretty ones and sent the rest back. Been going on for a generation or so now, bar staff must be Oz’s biggest export to the UK after coal.
GH