OT: blushing

Does anyone actually blush? I thought this was an old wives' tale. I've never, and have never seen anyone else, change the colour of their face due to embarrassment.

James Wilkinson Sword

The face often shows response before the mind has analysed the situation.

Reply to
RayL12

That doesn't explain why I've never seen anyone do it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Of course they do. You have not been very observant or most of the people you know are thick skinned. I never notice these days of course, but I'm sure its still the same. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I've seen it on a number of occasions. Teh one I'm not sure about whether a persosn hair can turn white from fear.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've heard of people going grey because of a lot of worry.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I thought that was down to old age or being married :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Or blue in the face from rage.

Reply to
Bod

Being married = worry.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That's not possible. You'd need a severe lack of oxygen.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

In my case, blissfully happily married and stress free.

Reply to
Bod

I've told you before, your marriage is most unusual. Most couples argue all the time.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Most? How would you know anyway? You live alone and always will do. You know very little about women Mr Hucker, this will never change unless you mature. I would not swap Mrs Pounder Esq for the world and Bod would not swap Mrs Bod for the world.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

By speaking to people. And by knowing the statistic of 1 in 3 marriages end in divorce.

I know enough to know most are not worth knowing.

I know Mrs Bod is nice. I have not heard you say nice things about yours. She appears to tell you what to do all the time.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not too bad then.

That is quoteworthy.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

A 1 in 3 chance of failure is terrible.

Because it's true.

I see you have no comment.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Agreed.

Reply to
Bod

To which part?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Perhaps you are colour blind !!!

Reply to
critcher

It may appear so when I run a red light, but I did so on purpose.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword