OT: bluetooth connectivity.........

....... as there are some knowledgeable peops here.

Anyone know if any two items that are bluetooth capable can fully 'talk' to each other? I have a SatNav that is bt capable, and also has a low power fm transmitter so it can be picked up by the car audio. The problem is, long journey, quite frequency to start with, somewhere along the journey there'll be station interference so I either switch off for a while or retune SN and radio.

I take delivery of a new motor in a couple of weeks, and that has a bt capable radio. Wondered if the two will be able to talk to each other - it would be a much better way of listening to the SN.

Reply to
The Wanderer

In my experience all things bluetooth are not equal - whereas in theory if you have two bluetooth devices they should be able to talk to each other fully, in practice it doesn't always happen. you'll just have to suck it and see..

David

Reply to
Lobster

It depends on which BT profiles they support. The sat navs I have seen support the profile to allow them to be hands free devices and on some to be able to use the GPRS/data on the phone. Neither would be much use for what I am guessing you want.

What BT profiles does a BT radio support?

Reply to
dennis