OT: Barbecue TV advert

Hi All,

In light of the recent threads .. ;-)

Not sure if this is a "Men are from Mars ... " issue or just a lateral thinking one but could someone answer an interpretation question between the missus and I please?

FSA TV ad (

) shows some sausages being cooked (burned?) on a bbq and one being lifted up, breaks in half and looks a bit pink on the inside ..

Song being sung during ad asks " .. when will I see you again" and some onscreen titles toward the end answer "Sooner than you think if you don't cook it properly."

So, her interpretation is the consumer will be seeing 'us' (the Foods Standards Agency) sooner than you think ...

My interpretation is the consumer will be seeing the sausage again .. sooner than you think ..

Are either of us close please?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's what I thought they meant - didn't consider they may have meant anything else ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

That's that I thought too, made me chuckle :-)

Reply to
Sparks

Thanks for the fast reply Lee ;-)

Sfunny, as we both get older she seems to get the 'wrong end of the stick' more and more often .. with this 'Oh, I thought you meant ..' sorta comment when I'm hard pressed to see how anyone would make that assumption (it generally being the most obscure 'understanding' you could think of)?

Sometimes I look at her blankly as I really can't see what she's on about (and she's not generally 'stupid') ;-)

Could be her 'change' I suppose .. hormones all over the place .. or that I've always been in 'support' roles of some sort so try to analyze all the options / info before offering a solution (not always correctly of course) ;-)

Oh well, thanks again .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I thought that one.

Reply to
shaun

You get my vote

Reply to
Steve Walker

Mmmm - definitely on the blink, probably worth getting a recon.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Well, I have been considering that .. what with her bad back, knees that need replacing, memory loss, hot flushes etc etc.

But while she can still knock up a good batch of concrete and make a mean 'full English' I'll keep her for a while .. ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

The message from T i m contains these words:

Gorra be the Return of the Undercooked Sausage

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Steve Walker" contains these words:

Or at least get her regassed.

Reply to
Guy King

T i m

Reply to
T i m

She might welcome a change. I should be very careful what you say to her.

Buy her a present.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What on Earth is being advertised?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The fact that if you don't cook the food properly, you'll get food poisoning and get all pukey, hence the song, "When will I see you again" - answer, about 12 hours later with your head down the bog.

Reply to
Dave

She might .. but she can't keep up with what's she's go ...

Thattle be a first! ;-)

Ah, then she *would* be suspicious!

I've just given her 3 baby tomatoes off my crop .. what more would she want?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah, send her on one of those spa weekend breaks with Mrs Curmudgeon. They can swap uk.diy widow anecdotes.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Cadbury's chocolate? ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Your tomatoes are ripe already???

Hrumph.

Oh - perhaps you gave her green ones with instructions about drawers and bananas ... I wish I hadn't said that on this ng ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh. Having re-read it I saw the FSA mentioned.

I have little time for FSA though.

I was at a barbecue last night and apart from drinking too much champagne consumed two burgers which were only just pink in the middle.

I advise plenty of alcohol with undercooked meat and there'll be no probs. Well, not of anything other than hangovers ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

BLEURCH