OT Bank charge, is this reasonable?

When I was staff and my employer fupped up the wages run and paid late they picked up anyones bank charges that were triggered by the late payment. Since being freelance I've also had a client pick up bank charges due to their fupup but can't remember the details now.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That would be well worth adding to your 'terms & conditions'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I`ve known other people do this, but it involves work listing the charges you want refunding. Keeping hold of the voerdraft means I`ll just go overdrawn and not pay any fees, only interest.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

What is the difference between a fee and interest. The latter is just a fee for them loaning you money. I'd get the offending company to pay the interest as well as any fees.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What does the interest work out to be for a few hundred quid for a day or two? Hardly worth the effort of chasing. A series of £35 charges is well worth chasing up though.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Yorkshire Bank charged me £20 for going overdrawn though an error of their making. I went into the branch, asked for the Manager, and told her it was their mistake and, as they thought £20 for such an error was reasonable, then I was charging them the same.

Came away with the charge cancelled and a £20 credit on the account.

The message from "Simon Finnigan" contains these words:

I did well out of the intervention of the Financial Services Ombudsman.

About five months after the event, I discovered that there had been a couple of fraudulent transactions on my Shell Visa Card. Someone in Bedford had been supplied with a bicycle by a Southampton company (£300) and there had been a London congestion charge paid. Technically I was outwith the time limit for challenging a charge. The bicycle supplier had the "name" and address of the individual who had been supplied with the bicycle (without any check with me, as to whether it was genuine) but Bedford's finest porkers weren't in the least interested and told me to get lost. Citigroup's many minions in India told me much the same over a period of months. Shell were no help. However -- to my surprise

-- The FSO not only took up the case and got the whole amount refunded together with a £50 goodwill gesture. Full marks to the FSO! Annual spend on that card is about £15000, which includes a vast amount of work-related expenses and expenditure which get refunded to me.

Reply to
Appin