OT auto OBC analyser kit claiming to use an ELM327 chip

Came across this...

have/use one? Is it any good - ie does it do what it says it does? The single reviewer says something about it not being a "real" ELM327. If it works though, does that matter? Maybe there's a uk one that's cheaper? (... optimist) :-)

I previously posted this in an auto's ng and one person said they had bought one but couldn't get it to work. For the price, and if it worked obviously, it'd pretty dang useful.

Reply to
dave

days?) so they seem to be shifting them cheap.

does Bluetooth, UK based, costs rather more.

You'll also need some software on your laptop / palmtop. One of my favourites is CarMan

on the Nokia 770 tablet, as it's so compact and easily portable.

Bluetooth is worth it, especially if you want to use it while driving.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks Andy. Great info. I now suspect this could be addictive though... :-)

Reply to
dave