OT Another Brit Gas Price possible rsn

OT. Just trailed on bbc news that Brit. Gas prices set to rise (again) by 25%!

Any thing(s) to be careful of re changing to another supplier? Yes I'm sure other suppliers prices may go up too - but maybe if enough people change, competition may start to moderate these huge rises?

Reply to
dave

There is a site that will give you your best choice if you know roughly how much power you use.

Search this group for Brigand Gash ;#(

On the ITV the opponews or ads are saying every so and so often an old customer returns to them. Senile dementia statistics obviously. BT did the same once the asset strippers had hit the bottom of the barrel.

Tiscali next. Any bets?

What it means is that their new customer take-up is so low that they can tell that some of them are customers they used to have before. ("Before" their other suppliers got tired of them not paying their bills.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I think the energy companies have realised that they do exactly the same as the oil companies when they increase the cost of petrol. Has anyone else noticed a trend?

Reply to
ABC

Welcome to rip-off Britain. Guess they will be revealing "record profits" soon

I guess the hikes will keep the gov happy as well - all those extra taxes (albiet @ 5%)

Reply to
DMac

British Gas gave customers last year the option of signing up to a scheme by paying a small premium of approx 3% on existing rates. This "freezes" the rates paid until 2010. I took up the offer and my latest account confirms the "freezing" till 2010.

Michael

Britain is one of the most competitive economies when it comes to the supply of consumer goods and services..

tarquinlinbin

What they don't tell is that they are losing two for every one gained!!

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Are the rates frozen or capped? Supposing rates drop?

I smell a conspiracy

Reply to
Geoffrey