OT - Air conditioning Fan for Car.

Apologies for the OT post but I know I can usually rely on the opinions of this group.

Spotted this :-

are going to France again during summer and for the first time in years, the car we are going in does not have Air Con fitted. Does anybody know whether this product is any good or not? Can it possibly work ? The cars own fan will do a good job of moving the hot air around but anything which can assist with keeping us cool would be very welcome.

Reply to
kdband

Additional info, not shown on linked page :- Has cool water tank and water absorber, just fill with cold water and the fan blows cool refreshing air.

Reply to
kdband

Looks pretty much the same as most evaporative coolers. Work well in very hot dry climates where the increase in humidity is welcome. Next to useless in our climate where the extra humidity makes it even harder to keep cool.

Reply to
John Rumm

No, it has a tiny water tank and a couple of evaporation wicks. It will make no difference at all in a car with the windows closed and with them all open you won't notice if it has a minuscule effect or not.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Sounds very similar to the device being advertised in the The Times for £199.95, for cooling rooms not cars. I had been wondering if it was any good. Unable to stand the recent hot weather, you see. Clearly, it would be a bad buy? The implication is that The Times approve it. Hmmm.

Reply to
GPG

GPG wrote;

Go to your local shed & buy a ceiling fan. About £20-25. Makes a huge difference, we have them in lounge, diner & all three bedrooms.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Thanks for the comments, I suspected it was probably a waste of money but at the price I was considering chancing it. Anybody have any bright ideas on how to stay cool while in the car without spending a lot of money ?

Reply to
kdband

Keep the windows down and buy one of these for the back window:

can also get them for the side windows at your local pound shop.

Also, when parked put one of those foil things inside the windscreen.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x