OT: AA batteries

Whatever. There's no possibility of a competing brand lasting twice as long as any premium one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I use NiMh rechargables, but IKEA do packs of batteries for almost nothing.

Reply to
EricP

Richer Sounds do a pack of 4 alkalines for about 50p. Various brands, but I can vouch for the Fujitsu's, and my minidisc players been running from a single Maxell for the last month or so (30-60 minutes play/day). Absolutely fantastic for the price.

Reply to
TimB

try eurobatteries

Reply to
Maurice Hood

energizer Li from sainsburys about £4 for 2 but last 4 or 5 * duracell or look here

alkaline

jim.

Reply to
Jim

Ikea (if you have one fairly local)

Reply to
Pet

why not buy the cheap zinc carbon ones and recharge them?

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Buy a few wall warts for anything that will run practically off them.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Hi,

Toolstation also do 40 AAs for £7.80, free p&p til the end of September.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , John writes

CPC sell them in boxes of 40 quite cheaply

Costco do 24 duracells for about £7

Why not get some rechargables

Reply to
raden

In message , R Taylor writes

Probably CPC

Reply to
raden

In message , R Taylor writes

You're cost conscious?

Reply to
raden

Or 48 of their own brand for 7.99 + VAT. Seem to have well more than half the capacity of a bog standard Duracell...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There are loads of rechargeable ones plus chargers on e-bay

Reply to
kipper

Years ago I noticed that duracell batteries just do not last as long as Energisers etc. this was when they were used in radions and walkmen etc. I allways reckoned that they had a slightly lower voltage. And radios are quite critical on voltage (higher voltage give higher tunner sesitivity I think).

Plus there over priced.

Reply to
Peter

National Panasonic ordinary made in Belgiam

8 for a £1 in SW London
Reply to
AAH

Very funny Thornton what kind of advise is that?!! Did you mean rechargeable batteries because one can get very high capacity rechargeable batteries with a charger for about £15 to £20. problem solved I have these for my digital camera and they work much longer that any un-rechargable batteries. MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

advice I did not write.

I meant what I said, zinc carbon cells. They are no more likely to blow up than Nicads.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

In message , MikeS writes

Sounds like he's on about recharging "non-rechargeable" batteries

Reply to
raden

Poundland and similar shops do cards of 20 for a quid

Reply to
harry