OT: A website of epic kludges

I think we can all learn a little something from here

Lino expert

Steve Walker

-

Frankenlaptop is a sight to behold too.

Reply to
Lino expert

in a small cloakroom problem. Bet this solution never came to mind!

John Rumm

I do recall a rental house about ten years ago with a major water leak in a pipe behind one kitchen wall - the brainchild of one of my housemates was a makeshift "funnel" taped to the wall to divert the water into a bucket, a car battery, windscreen washer pump, microswitch and homebrew float valve.

Cue much duct-taping and voila! Soon as the water level in the bucket got too high, the pump would kick in and send the water out the kitchen door via some scavenged pipe.

ISTR it "ran" like that for quite a while until the landlord got someone in to actually fix the problem.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Mike Barnes

Only in Granadaland...

Reply to
Ian White

That could be the prototype design for a real marketable product for emergency use. Something like that would be bought by building maintenance concerns.

How many times have ye come across a leaking roof or pipe and had to employee someone to empty the bucket meanwhile leaving an inbetween puddle to cause a concerable H&S'ard.

Reply to
Adrian C

Dammit, don't try to rationalise my favourite bodge! ;-)

Reply to
Jules

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sorry, that should have read the Neutral socket.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Another key, I'd say.