OT A mistake on a web site (Humour but really not funny this time)

I have just dealt with these people to help with a stray cat I trapped at the weekend.

pictures of the cat I trapped are here

Can anyone else see a rude link on the left hand column on (4th from the bottom) on the rescue centre's web site or is my monitor not set up correctly?

RIP Cat. The poor thing even had a blue collar with a bell wrapped inside it's fur and fleas.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

I see it. Using Mozilla here on a 1280x1024.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's an image

Mogga

Should I tell them?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

an odd image.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

I see it as well. Using a Blackberry here on 240 x 260.

Reply to
Adrian C

Didn't show on mine. The ALT text is fine though. :-)

Ummm, along with a few others.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You should tell them. It's obviously a cropped link to something with the same name as the site, but the side navbar is too narrow.

We had something similar when the list of tasks on our timesheet had an abbreviated form of 'Analysis Activites' on it. It wasn't pleasant. And I certainly wouldn't have wanted to spend hours doing it.

Reply to
PCPaul

In message , Bob Eager writes

Same here.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , ARWadworth writes

If you look closely after the s there is a ' suggesting that it was done deliberately to shorten the word penistone by removing the tone....

Must have been done a bit tongue in cheek, no one could be that stupid could they????????????

Reply to
Bill

Surely that's just a fragment of the next (cropped) letter?

Reply to
Bob Eager

There are numerous place name cockups like this. For example, there's a place in North Wales called Penisarwaun.

It's a shame about the pussycat. In the photos it looks kind of OK apart from the coat

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is. Turn off images and you will find the that the full text is displayed "Links: Penistone & Local". The web "designer" is trying to be clever and get around font restrictions on web pages but cocking it up in the process.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

As it were...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thus spake Bob Eager ( snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net) unto the assembled multitudes:

Yep. You can see other items further up that column are cropped, so the same has happened there. Viewing the page source reveals it to be "Links: Penistone & Local".

Reply to
A.Clews