[OT] 2 Telephone lines, one handset?

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

David

Reply to
vortex2

Converse 2025, IIRC, also with callerid on each line.

Don't think it can do that.

You get better answers from uk.telecom, strangely enough...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks,

There's nothing wriong with your answer, and actually with judicious Googling I came to the same conclusion. (I have an aversion to alien newsgroups)

"BT CONVERSE 2025-2"

Ta.

David

Reply to
vortex2

I have this and use a Polycom Soundpoint Pro. It has two analogue line connections, conferencing capability between the lines, high quality speaker phone, etc. It's the desktop version of the Polycom Soundstation which is pretty much the industry standard conferencing phone.

This model also has a headphone socket with invidual activate button. I use this with a Plantronics headset for lengthy conference and other phone calls.

A good solution.

Another option would be to install a small analogue PABX. That way, you could be a bit more sophisticated and, for example, pick up a call from another phone in the house (e.g. office line rings when making a coffee) or to divert a call coming in on one of the lines while you are talking on the other to an answering machine.

.. or you could do both.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I pretty much find I get the best answers here! (I have an aversion to alien

Yes, look what keeps happening to Lt Ripley, to say nothing of the others

Jones

Reply to
mike ring

If you post to the right newsgroup, you'll get a much greater number of experts. There are probably several phones meeting your criteria. I only mention the one I happened to have. Also you do less damage to this newsgroup's signal to noise ratio.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Splitter in each socket and 2 different ringers, turn the ringer off on the phone?

Reply to
Chris Hodges

And the best ringer is still a 746 phone - 4000 ohm if you can find it. at least you can _hear_ a bell.

You could even put two of them on a desk next to each other and tell which was ringing by listening to the location of the sound. Try doing that with a modern squeaker!

(My phone's a BT Tribune BTW, last model with a real bell)

Reply to
Andy Dingley