ON topic: Angry homeowner gets revenge on commuter who parked in her driveway

Now that's what I call DIY.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you for that.

Reply to
ARW

Cynical old me wonders if the answer might be that that would have incovenienced the *other* commuters to whom she was renting space on her drive.

Reply to
Robin

In message , Chris French writes

I can see that as a solution, but why should she have to? I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually park on someone else's drive, but I know they do. My brother was at Blakeney once, when a rare bird was apparently spotted. He said twitchers arrived from far and wide, the car park filled immediately and later arrivals just parked anywhere. On drives, blocking drives, blocking lanes etc. Incredible.

Reply to
News

Good for her! Although I wonder why the Telegraph showed the location of her house on a map. It is so clear that they may as well have posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

The Mirror and the Sun didn't feel the need to go that far in their coverage of the story.

Reply to
pamela

It tells you where NOT to park!

Reply to
ARW

But what is worse that it is the houseowner, under the current legislation, who has committed a criminal act! However had she had gates or a security post she could quite legally shut and locked those indefinitely, but lacking these she is in the wrong - daft isn't it.

Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

CHAPTER 2 VEHICLES LEFT ON LAND Offence of immobilising etc. vehicles

54 Offence of immobilising etc. vehicles (1) A person commits an offence who, without lawful authority? (a) immobilises a motor vehicle by the attachment to the vehicle, or a part of it, of an immobilising device, or (b) moves, or restricts the movement of, such a vehicle by any means, intending to prevent or inhibit the removal of the vehicle by a person otherwise entitled to remove it. (2) The express or implied consent (whether or not legally binding) of a person...

Peter IANAL!!

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Reply to
ARW

Taken it to bits, sold the parts on eBay. Unsolicited gift, init?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Used any recently? It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It must be truly awful to live/exist in the south and to "rent out your drive". I know where I'm better off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That wouldn't have done much.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think the homeowner could argue that she had to put the bag of gravel somewhere and why should she inconvenience herself by putting it behind her own vehicles, after all she did provide the illegal Parker with the means of releasing the vehicle.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

that's one way to admit guilt. Surely law reform is needed on this.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I do feel for her.

Around here, it's f****it city as the railway is in pieces, so everyone comes and parks here, usually like a total ***t.

I look at the way people conduct themselves with a vehicle and think "why do I have to share air with these people?"

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes - but you might find a difference when you can afford cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rights and wrongs aside, she is lucky the car owner did not get a mate with a fork truck or hire one and put the bag behind the other car.

Reply to
F Murtz

Tim Watts

We've just had reform, wouldn't bank on more in a hurry ..

Reply to
Andy Burns

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

Nice. Looks like he's let the tyres down too (hard to tell, as they're the wanker-style "smear of rubber on overpriced boyracer alloy wheel")

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson