Old unleaded

The fuel tank gradually collapses like a crushed drinks can. Been there, done that, bought the fuel tank.

It was a Peugeot 504 Estate and I was amazed that the fuel pump had that much suck. The original problem was a blocked breather in the fuel cap.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

These small engines are normally rated to have an oil change after so many running hours. I think for my B&S powered lawn mower it's every

25 hrs but it could be a 100, it varies on the engine type.

Visit the B&S web site and look up your engine.

Two strokes are fussier than 4 strokes. I can't say I've ver had serious problems using "old" fuel in either the mower (4 stroke) or the Ryobi strimmer (2 stroke).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Oh just use it. It may well not START on it though.

I have found that a winter is about as far as a tank of petrol remains able to ignite in a combustion chanmber Any older and its a bitch to get started.

The lighter fractions evaporate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

when I rebuilt the house, the mower was out of use for a year and a half.

It wouldn't start without fresh petrol.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you were mistaken as to the cause. They're vented. If the vent were blocked how would you drain it?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

This one is quirt a good hiss.

So are the vapours drawn into the engine via a seperate pipe?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth