O/T generators

Has anybody had any experience of 'Kipor' generators? There are lots for sale on ebay at quite good prices for the spec and I was wondering if they're reasonably well made.

TIA

Andy R

Reply to
Andy R

They only work in the month after Passover.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I've no idea, just beware that some gens have very short lifetime ratings. Very short.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andy R" saying something like:

They're a bit smokey.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The message from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

Trust you to pick the bones out.

Reply to
Guy King

Or very short service intervals. The Briggs engine on my mower has a 25hr oil change interval, now thats OK for mower used for 1hr every week, lasts a whole season no trouble. 25hrs isn't any time at all for a genset, 4 days at 6hrs day or probably not very far short of every other tank full of fuel for a lightly loaded "long run" set.

Not all Briggs engines are equal though, some have 100hr oil change intervals, as do some Hondas. Be well worth getting a look at the manual to see what the service intervals are. I must admit these Kipor sets, particulary the 2 or 3kVA yellow invertor models, are very tempting.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

there are some 4 stroke 2.3kva (peak) generators in makro for just £99 down from £149 12 with months guarantee.

Reply to
.

And loud, can damage your herring.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

And Cod are they heavy. You'd be a Pollock if you bought one!

John

Reply to
John

Makrel brand?

Reply to
Andy Hall

99 squid. ;-)
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Sold to "sole" traders only/-)

Reply to
tony sayer

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:22:42 +0000,it is alleged that tony sayer spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Yes but other people can sometimes get them them in the prawn shop :)

Reply to
Chip

That's shellfish of them.

Reply to
Andy Hall

thinks of another fish joke ... flounders

Reply to
.

What is it about this group and fish threads?

Can salmon explain?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I don't think this is the time or the plaice

Reply to
.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:12:26 GMT,it is alleged that "." spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

It's very shellfish to keep it to yourself

Reply to
Chip

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: repetition

Reply to
.

I have no direct experience but they are of Chinese manufacture, so it depends on the type of usage you are going to put this too, as whether their "quite good prices" is in fact value for money. How big a generator are you after and how many hours will it be used per year, Kawasaki are pulling out of the UK market and there are Big savings to be had on old stock if you go a hunting.

-
Reply to
Mark