New sauna problems

Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

Simon Mason

Either you haven't got 240v on the other end of that cable or there's a high resistance somewhere in the circuit. My guess is a bad connection or a break in the cable.

Why are there so many more neutral conductors than live ones?

Reply to
GB

The left one is E, then 2x N and 3x L to power different elements according to desired output wattage.

What I think is the problem is a control box is in the way that acts as a thermostat, so I am going to have to bypass it, even though it worked with the last heater.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Reply to
GB

Look closer, they're behind a black separator. Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

They're two safety cut off devices. Looks like this now.

Simon Mason

Really? I can only see two strands on the live. Not that it really matters.

The earth is unshielded. It's next to the neutral, but it's not unheard of for live and neutral to get swapped.

Reply to
GB

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross negligence manslaughter?

Reply to
GB

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a Chemistry degree.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Mason is a complete idiot & won't listen, don't waste your breath.

Reply to
David Lang

That is a different usage of the word OK to the one I am familiar with.

Reply to
ARW

Is he one of your first week apprentices?

Reply to
dennis

Simon: I do not have a degree, but even I with my failing eyesight can do a tidier job than that.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason was thinking very hard :

...and your lack of competance is really outstanding.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

En el artículo , dennis@home.? escribió:

I think even Adam's first week apprentices could do a better job. Blindfolded and off their head on drugs.

With a bit of luck Mason will soon auto-darwinate and we'll get some peace in the NG.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Maybe he's more sensible than you and goes for function over form? That wiring is perfectly fine, it's just not pretty enough for a woman.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It is not functioning. The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have commented. Just what does that tell you?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Says who?

That the group is full of females. If it works, it's fine.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

Simon Mason

You have no spare PP3s?

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword