New Makita cordless tool

The world's first battery-operated portable microwave oven

Only £2k

I'm off camping for three weeks half way up a mountain soon. Must get one! I hope my solar panel will recharge the battery pack.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

It's not the first:

and there are 12v microwaves for car use (just add a lead acid)

The Wayv might be more up your street/cliff, but don't expect to get much cooking with a charge. I hope your mountain is south facing!

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Something doesn't seem to add up - unless I've missed something, says 350W (with a boost to 500W), the blurb says 2 * 40V batteries, therefore at

350W & 40V Mr Ohm tells us that that will be 350/40 = 8.75A. The only batteries I can see are 2.0 or 2.5 Ah. That is about 17 minutes each battery (presuming 100% efficiency) ... can it really heat 11 meals or 20 cups of coffee in 17 minutes?

Not April 1st (12th on the 'press release')

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

There are 5Ah and 8Ah 40V XGT batteries:

The reason for the 2.5Ah being a popular size (and similarly 18/20V 5Ah) is they're shippable by plane (<=100Wh), which makes distribution easier.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Meals for mice, no problem. You can also get tiny cups.

Reply to
Animal

I'd not really think this would be very efficient. Anyone could get a big battery and an inverter for a Microwave, just like most devices. Maybe they need to develop one you can put your hands and feet into to stop frostbite, but if you smell cooked meat its on too high!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Grossly inefficient.

use this!

"Chainsaw Blender: part chainsaw, part blender, all awesome! Operated by a motorcycle throttle, blend the most extreme drinks ever with this

2-stroke, 37cc engine. Your party just got turned up to 11!"

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer