New Internal Door

A simple question for those in the know, I hope.

My 1890's cottage has the dining room opening straight off the kitche with a short passageway between the two. I'd like to fit a door at th dining room end of the passageway. I ought to say that the dining roo also acts as a through way providing access to the lounge and a lobb leading to a shower room and bedroom opening off it. This is the onl access route to these rooms.

Do I need to consider buildings regs and seek planning approval fo this door?

Many thanks

Ton

-- Tony 9-5

Reply to
Tony 9-5

The short answer is almost certainly no.

Even if you were technically required to do so, most people would advise you not to bother. And if you were reinstating a door that once existed, it could be considered a repair.

For those that really are bothered, possible areas of concern might be Part B (fire protection and means of escape - the addition of a door generally improving things rather than v.v.), Part F (ventilation - though older houses usually have more than adequate ventilation) and Part J (combustion appliances - and adequate ventilation to those I would take seriously).

Read all about it:

dom

Many thanks for your quick reply. Looking at the passageway I think i

is highly likely that there was a door at one time so I will just b putting it back. Ventilation isn't a problem, draughts, now that's different case !

Thanks aga> The short answer is almost certainly no.

Reply to
Tony 9-5