New Gas Combi Boiler where do regs allow it to be mounted?

I would like to mount this on an internal wall which is immediately next to an external wall so the flue can go straight out the wall.

In fact if the boiler were supported by the short side not the longer side (i.e. the back) it would in fact be mounted on an external wall.

I suspect regs say it's got to be on an external wall? Why is this - how is it safer?

Reply to
405 TD Estate

It's entirely dependent on the model of boiler and the flueing arrangements specified by the manufacturer.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why would you suspect that? As long as the flue and fan specifications are suitable for the length of flue there shouldn't be a problem. Fitting one that isn't suitable by extending the flue would be a big no-no!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

My Alpha is fitted on to an internal wall between my flat and the flat next door but the flue goes at rightangles through the external wall. If it couldn't be done that way then it wouldn't be fitted at all as no external wall could accomodate the size of the boiler .d

Reply to
Stuart B

This is how mine is configured. Installed 2005.

I hope not..

Reply to
whitely525

I'm not aware of anything which says it has to be *on* an external wall. But it does need ready *access* to an external wall - both for the flue and for the condensate drain.

Reply to
Roger Mills

You suspect wrongly. It would be very few boilers that can't be used as you wish.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Or the roof.

Reply to