need complicated heating programmer

The main CM67RF turns the boiler(s) on or off (a second CM67 cuts the second boiler in when temp is 0.5 or more below required and a pipestat on the return kills it if return temp rises above 60-65: ATM we have more boiler than emitters). The two boilers feed through a vertical shunt pipe (42mm) as per Keston advice, and the heating loops connect to the top and bottom of this with their own secondary pump (the Celsius boilers have inbuilt pumps which circulate the water through the shunt). A pipe stat on the shunt turns on the secondary pump as soon as the temperature gets to 40C and it will keep running while the water is above this even when the boilers turn off and no water circulates through them.

As the water in each fan convector gets to the required temp for its low level stat the fan switches on - but because the stats are not precision items and water takes time to circulate the fans start up one by one. On a mild day the CM67 will cut in and out but as the circulating water never drops to 40C before the boiler comes in again the secondary pump and fans are running continually - with the water gradually dropping in temperature.

When the heating turns off for good (end of the morning or mild day following cold night) the temperature falls as above and the low level stats kill the fans one by one and ultimately the temp falls below 40C and the secondary pump shuts off.

This is probably not the way you'd choose to do it most buildings but it stops the fans cutting in and out, which would be a real annoyance in a church situation. If you turn the whole system off then you would be aware of the background noise generated by the fans but when this is continuous the brain tunes it out as background sound. We've rewired the internals of the fan heaters so that their room stats short the dropper resistors - below about 15C (i.e. the non-occupied heating-up period) the fans run at full speed; above this at low speed.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

"IMM" wrote | It may be worth doing some research into what is the most common | domestic programmers ain the area. If there is a large estate | with say Honeywell programmers fitted, then go for a similar | type as the chance of many people being able to programme it is high.

... as the chance of many people recognising it as the heating controller and knowing that you 'press that there to make the rads come on' is high; there's no guarantee any of them can actually program it sensibly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Right, this is my first attempt at posting a link so no flames please when I mess it up...

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

fancy something similar for my s-plan plus heating. Local override may be an issue but why not give them a bell and ask them, if the the rest of it fits your needs.

Mark. (Oh and what do I do to make it a nice hyperlink?)

Reply to
MarkP

So am I. Use a PLC.

Crouzet's Millenium II is a wonderful little piece of kit and a doddle to program, debug and simulate - they have standard HVAC interface bits and pieces for just this kind of job.

Top whack (all the features, all the I/O, excluding the GSM modem option), around 200 quid.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

See comments from OP about safari trek to set/check them all.

This is for a suite of meeting rooms. Yes there might be regular bookings that could fit with such a weekly based control but what about the one offs or the 1st Monday on the month jobbies. The more I look at this the more I like the PIR occupancy option and PLC to provide a bit of intelligence.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Neil Jones writes

Yes please, could be very useful for me.

Reply to
fred

In message , Tim Mitchell writes

Then you have to a) trust in the lord (hallelujah) or else b) have adequate documentation

Reply to
geoff

I would argue the trek is not such a big deal, once set up they can all be left to work. If it is then a number of single channel programmers (in one place) and a dumb thermostat on each floor would have to do.

The advantage of the programmable stats is that the regular events can be programmed in, whils the special events are done with the + button to move the stat from 8C (frost control background setting) to 21C (say). If the users forget to turn the heating down afterwards (nigh on certain) then the unit will do that anyway after the next time change boundary.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Couldn't you get God to control the system?

:-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

The system is made by a Norwegian company, Nobo. Their UK subsidiary is Paterson Heating Ltd

system uses mains signalling to control remote receivers. The EC512 is the programmer - 7 day programming of 12 zones with as many on-off settings as you like - except they call it 'Comfort' and 'Economy' because 'off' is usually a set-back temperature. Depending on the receiver you could have this as a frost protection or actually off, I believe.

There is a range of receivers, most of which are intended for use with electric heaters (Nobo/Paterson also make the heaters) but they also have receivers for 13-amp control (they suggest a towel rail but I expect it could control lighting etc) 16-amp DIN rail mounting (suggested use is for hot water) and a thermostat.

There are a couple of other controllers - PIR to switch on your heating when it detects you are around and a key card switch like you see in some hotels.

I asked about pricing for several of their items, but not for the receivers which control electric heaters becasue these are not relevent to me.

EC512 system controller £139.84 RS512 13-amp controller £43.93 RSX512 16-amp DIN rail £53.13 TR36 thermostat £70.15

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

In message , John Stumbles writes

Well on recent form, he seems to prefer to stand back and leave man to his own devices

The devil's a much better bet

Reply to
geoff

In article , Neil Jones writes

Thanks Neil, lovely Flash site at paterson heating - Yug,

much more useable.

Nice controller, nice price, but shame it is mains signalling, 12 x receiver/sats at 70quid adds up to quite a bit.

Has made me realise how simply a multi-channel controller can be made to operate/program which is one of my worries.

Thanks again,

Reply to
fred