Multiple lights trip MCB

Unless the house is wired with Christmas tree lights!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You're trolling.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

You're trolling.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

True, but I think it would be a backward step, as his overcurrent protective deice is doing what it is designed to do. I think the OP was more concerned with the frequency of the bulbs blowing and his under rated dimmer switch.

Reply to
Wheelbarrowbob

Away from the group could you shed any light on a questionn on my 2361 course, reference insulation testing on a circuts this is the questiun as laid out on the test paper. " iii Explain that the requierments of the IEE Regulations for this test when carried out on the cooker when disconnected." I know the test procedure for lighrting and power circuits and I would have assumed a cooker cicuit would have been the same. Any help appreciated

Reply to
Wheelbarrowbob

Does this mean testing the cooker circuit with the cooker disconnected, or testing the cooker when disconnected? It sounds like the latter, but that's part of PAT testing and not installation testing.

For PAT testing, a cooker (with electric heating elements) is allowed to fail an insulation test when cold, but must not when it has warmed up and and had time to drive off any moisture.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel