Moving boiler

Hi group. Is there any reason why I should or could not move my GCH Boiler to the loft? It is on a closed loop system.

I think the biggest piece of work would be getting the gas mains run up to the loft. The CH and HW flow/return are already within a few meters of where I'd like to put it.

Reply to
kenny.millar

We could really do with a FAQ on moving the boiler to the loft. There are several issues non of which are necessarily show stoppers.

Safe and reasonable access for servicing. Remote isolation. And is the boiler good enough to be worth reinstalling.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

There's some rules about putting a rail/guard round the hatch... list somewhere if you look on a search engine.

I've seen several in bedrooms recently and can't help but feel it's really wrong.

Reply to
Mogga

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Depending on where you live you may have problems break-ins by hooligans:

MUM-TO-BE today told how police smashed their way into her Merseyside home ? expecting to find a cannabis farm.

It appears sophisticated computer equipment aboard the force helicopter detected an unusual heat source coming from the roof of the house.

But a quick search of the property revealed it was coming from an uninsulated boiler located in the loft.

Reply to
fred

The message from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Doesn't it also require building regs approval these days (like just about everything else)?

Reply to
Roger

On Wed, 07 May 2008 21:32:49 GMT someone who may be fred quoted this:-

in riot gear with guns running about the house.

?My partner went downstairs and they pushed him face down onto the couch.

?They went straight to the loft but soon realised there was nothing there and they had made a mistake.

?They just tried to make a joke about it and when we asked about the damage they said ?you may get money back, but we can?t guarantee it?.

?They could have handled this much better. They made a mistake and yet we have to pick up the pieces and pay for the damage.? ==================================================================

That shows the contempt in which the police hold the people they claim to be protecting.

================================================================== A Merseyside Police spokesman said: ?We would like to apologise for any distress the occupants experienced. ==================================================================

Ah, the spokesman would like to apologise, but did not do so. Why is it so difficult for officials to apologise?

================================================================== ?Drug raids obviously involve an element of covert and tactical policing ==================================================================

Is this newspeak for the threatening words and behaviour described earlier in the article?

================================================================== The spokesman said the couple could apply to the force to claim compensation for the damage caused to their door. ==================================================================

That shows the contempt in which the police hold the people they claim to be protecting. In such a situation an organisation with an ounce of intelligence would have offered to take care of the damage they caused within an hour of causing the damage.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yes , see the boiler choice FAQ.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Apart from the possible noise nuissance there is no prohibition on fitting rooms sealed (i.e. a normal) boiler in a bedroom.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

AIUI moving a boiler counts as re-installing it and is subject to the same criteria as replacing it i.e. it (practically) has to be condensing.

Reply to
John Stumbles

AIUI moving a boiler counts as re-installing it and is subject to the same criteria as replacing it i.e. it (practically) has to be condensing.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Absolutely outrageous - now seems to be the norm to smash into any house, without any attempt at courtesy.

Reply to
Steve Walker

They should ring the bell or knock on the door and wait 3 seconds before smashing the door down:)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

You could pipe hot air into your neighbour's loft and then tip off the fuzz.... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Tempting. I bet half a brick down their chimney would be more fun. They still use a coal fire.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

I see.

Kept in the bath?

Reply to
Andy Hall

That is something I have not seen since I was a child.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

You could have some mild amusement from the thought that this is how they may well behave

Reply to
Andy Hall

'Fraid not. Their coal is kept in the coal house. She fetches it in every day.

I guess that they are actually burning coke (fuel not drugs). The last real coal I saw was when I dug the trench for my new water supply. I actually saved the bit I dug out. It was from a seam that showed on British Coal's records. At 5cm thick I am sure that it was not worth mining!

Reply to
ARWadworth