More on Razor Wire

Actually, I'd scrap large parts of the law; everything that seeks to protect people from themselves or interferes with contracts between consenting adults. I really don't care what other people do, so long as they leave me alone, and I genuinely don't understand why people want to poke their noses into other people's lives - or in the case of politicians, run their lives for them, using my money.

I think we are vastly overgoverned. But I do not see any chance of any improvement any time soon; the output of Government being more Government.

Reply to
Huge

I agree in principle. But this is a different matter from removing rights from those perceived as criminals. Because as I said just about everyone does something some others might regard as criminal. Many seem to believe it should be ok to kill or maim a burglar. Others might think the same applies to someone who scratches your car. Others - perhaps to someone using a mobil phone in a car or smoking in a building. So the only fair answer is the same rights for all and leave punishment to the law.

A party which committed to only repealing old and useless legislation for the first term would get my vote.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you agree that you would leave the sentancing to the judges for the burglar who broke into an OAP's home and stole all His/Hers worldly possesions,even their wedding ring of His/Her finger. Scum like this deserve a months hospital admittance because its the only law they understand and it works. As for minor crimes scratching someones car this is far from the same crime.

Reply to
George

Congratulations on making Dave's point for him.

Reply to
Clive George

Of course. That's the law's job. And far better than some self righteous 'hero' who is likely to get the wrong person. As as happened many many times. Even the law manages this sometimes.

Does it? What proof have you of that?

Keying an expensive car could cost more in monetary terms to fix than your fictional OP's 'worldly goods'. Might even cause more distress.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nah! sometimes you get to know who it is thats committed the forced entry.

How about returned possesions and forced out the area

Fictional no,it happened to my mother.

Things like a car being stolen or scratched can be replaced/repaired...Trumour&fear stays with the person.

Reply to
George

Money, yes. Distress? Well, I'd be pretty cross if someone keyed my car. I'd be livid if it was written off.

But I bet I'd be in a better state than a pensioner who has been gagged, tied up and left on the floor for hours praying for rescue, even if not much was stolen.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Do you now. So no need for evidence or proof. But you'd soon beat a confession out of them anyway?

That is proof that your 'idea' works?

I'm very sorry for her. What security precautions have you taken to prevent the same happening again?

It may or may not depending on the person. Having your life savings 'lost' by a bank can be traumatic too - and something you may not ever get over. Would you personally put the board of that organisation in hospital too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So it's worse when a pensioner gets assaulted than anyone else? Pray why? Strange really. Most in this country don't seem to care very much about the old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps I'm the odd one out.

If someone breaks into my house they'd probably be met by someone able to defend themselves. I'd survive being cold and tied up on the floor for a few hours better than most pensioners too. (No heart problems or rheumatism for a start!)

So, yes, it's worse.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ