Mirror fixing

Mirror in frame, how do I mount this to the wall?

The frame looks too thin to screw through it, and that would look lousy. Things that overlap corners of bare glass mirrors aren't deep enough. Through-glass screws are no use here.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

mirror glue.

PS URL redirects to

with no pictures shown

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is a thick mirror adhesive you can use ... looks like it is a large toothpaste tube.

Reply to
rick

Tinypic isn't working, and it screwed with the puter. The mirror's in a light wood frame, not big enough to screw through with confidence. The mirror itself is backed with hardboard.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Try imgur, much better.

Reply to
FMurtz

This is by far the best and simplest, with no distractions, and time-limited uploads if you want the images deleted after a set time:

Jeff Layman

These?

Or?

Richard

Those would do the job, though I don't like the fat that they space the thing off the wall. Neither will give me a shipping price though without a datagrab first.

If there is some way to mount it flat I'd much prefer that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How were you planning to attach the required frames to the mirror? I can't see OP's photo.

Reply to
Fredxxx

It's already framed. I won't be using tinypic anymore, didn't work & messed up my browser.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Can you repost the photo?

Have you considered asymmetric U-channel top and bottom, and slide the mirror from the side?

Not sure what sizes you can get, just know that the stuff exists.

Reply to
Fredxxx

It's the same as a wooden framed picture, just much taller and with a very slim frame. It needs to go flat against the wall and fully resist any attempt to move it sideways.

The ideas I've had so far are:

  1. drill wall holes & fill with epoxy. Nail mirror frame in place with panel pins. Positioning would be problematic, and if a pin bent it would split the frame.
  2. Holesaw some discs that are deeper than the frame, sand them then somehow cutout 1/4 of each to the depth of the frame. Place over the frame & screw each to the wall. Main issue is how to make the cutout. 2nd issue is lack of repositionability.
  3. Glue frame to wall with I've got no more nails. I don't like this as eventual removal would probably trash the plaster. There's also no way to know if it's going to fall off some day. It also couldn't be lifted off at all for painting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then there was this: