Make sure you workshop shelves are fixed securely

Someone's in trouble after these racks came down ....

Pamela

Might have been posted before....

But who cares it is funny?

Reply to
ARW

On 20:15 12 Dec 2018, ARW snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in news:x%dQD.544206$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.am:

Having a bad day?

Reply to
Pamela

Yes. No idea why the question mark was there.

A really bad day. Just lost £1K of tools from the van.

Reply to
ARW

Ouch!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

My sympathies. Perhaps you need to get a used UPS truck?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bloody hell!! :-(

Cheapest place to get replacements is car boot sale.

Reply to
harry

probably also the best place to get the originals back. Hopefully they were all uniquely marked & photographed so at least if they turn up somewhere they're easily proved as being yours. I should update my photos.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

SHIT.

Reply to
newshound

Not as sorry as I was.

We still don't know where I was when they were taken. Obviously the van has been left unlocked at some point as there is no damage to the van but after 12 I did not use a power tool.

I only found out when I went to fetch the tools into the house when I got home.

Reply to
ARW

My car locks automatically after a couple of minutes. No option like that on your van?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No. However I now suspect that it was broken into whilst locked. Someone broke into it last night and there is no damage. And I double checked every door was locked.

Reply to
ARW

Stealiong a mans tools was once a hanging offence

Reply to
fred

We once had series of thefts of cordless screw drivers. THese were the cheap weedy green bosch ones.Thick bastards just stole the drills but never the chargers. We marked them in many places with the company name. No effect. Eventually I marked one inside and out with the message 'Stolen from ***' and cursed the thieving bastard to hell and back. Still stolen. Still no response. I came to the conclusion there are people out there who will just steal things when they can, whether ot not they havce a use for them

Reply to
fred

I had a vehicle broken into only to steal 30p's worth of stuff. But most tealeafs won't touch something they can see is readily identifiable, eg handles half dipped in a funny colour of paint etc. And if they do get it, their sale options are much more limited. And it might get spotted and end up returned. Police are a lot more inclined to help if you do what you can eg by marking them conspicuously & photographing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's a bugger if someone has copied the key.

Reply to
Robin

Some disaffected ex-apprentice?

Two thefts here have been linked to casual staff employed by contractors working on site.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I would include colleagues on the suspects list, it seems to be someone who knows where Adam lives and where he's working ... no van or house CCTV these days?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh yes.

They take em down the local fence who says 'wheres the charger' and they say 'what charger' and he says 'no use to me' and they throw them in a skip...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher