Linux and Old Landrovers

One and the same.

Both will break either very soon or be broken from the start.

Just a casual observation of pretty much every version I've played with since Mandrake 7.1 that I installed on my Dad's PC as he kept breaking Windows 98 (the lesser of the 2 evils I found out)

Last nights VM Install of Mint: "Linux has crashed would you like to continue in fallback mode"

An older(?) version of Mint on a different PC which I just fired up out of curiosity.... Update - "Repositories can not be found etc etc" updates failed.

One thing I can say it that every error that happens has always been experienced by many others so there's always loads of hours worth of copy/paste commands to throw into terminal in the vague hope one will work though it very rarely does.

On a side note... Windows 10 slightly "purified" with

Has made an un-usable windows 8.1 PC that everyone avoided very much more usable and more responsive once all the s*1t was de-activated and removed.

Oh how I hate "clock change" Can't sleep at night and can't wake up in the morning.

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

I don't know how you manage to walk with that enormous chip on your shoulder. Bloody pathetic.

Reply to
Bob Martin

As someone who also uses Linux (and would like to be able to use it more) I can't see how that is even vaguely relevant?

No, the 'pathetic' people are those pounding away in terminals in their parents basements who feel the vast majority of the desktop PC using world are 'morons' simply because they aren't like them?

The irony of all this is more damage is done to Linux by those who think they are supporting it (*nix geeks and nerds the rest of us call them) than ordinary people like me who are at least trying it and running it.

And it's not just me mate, it's a 'well known' fact worldwide. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m