Korean bidet toilet

Have you installed a Korean electric bidet toilet seat in the UK? What manufacturer? Was it well made? Did it fit a European WC pan? Were the plumbing fitting threads compatible? It would be outside zone 2. I intend to use a switched fused flex outlet fed by an RCD protected circuit. I understand that it's notifiable, I have a pet part P competent person.

Reply to
Mike

No, but having recently returned from a holiday in Japan, I'm planning to install a Japanese one.

Much as I'd like to install a Toto Washlet, they're simply too much money.

I've been talking to these people;

The Washloo stuff is all designed for the UK. The toilet pans in Japan (well the "Western Style" ones, anyway) all looked the same as the UK.

I'm afraid I am utterly indifferent to this.

The first problem I have encountered is that the Washloo requires a mains pressure water supply, and I don't have one in the bathroom.

Reply to
Huge

As a matter of interest, do you intend to comply with the bit of building regulations that requires you to have a physical air gap in the water supply? Do they have an approved device for this?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Illegal for class (or whatever) backflow risk. Must be an air break.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Easy. Don?t bother complying and take it with me when I move house.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+