Kew Pressure Washer problem ... update (2023 Update)

KEW were Danish, name changed to Alto, then bought by Nilfisk to become Nilfisk-Alto. Located in Penrith IIRC.

Thy probably have a TOL on the motor. Low oil could also cause it to overheat.

Reply to
TMH

They have a *what* ?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Um, maybe thermal overload?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Thermal Overload.

Reply to
TMH

replying to TMH, Richard MartinThanks wrote: Can you help with a Kew 30ca compact 1 pressure washer and how the pressure switch works

Reply to
Richard MartinThanks

replying to Rick Hughes, Mucky duck wrote: ?

Reply to
Mucky duck

This is not very helpful, most of us do not read on the stupid web portal, if you quote what you have been told in the message it would be better and more compliant with the use of the Usenet group. I fancy. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have looked at the ongoing comments regarding the Kew Hobby pressure washer and add my experience regarding the pressure pulsing. I removed the unloading valve and checked the movement of the piston against the spring, and found it quite free. I dismantled the unit and found the spring in good condition. I doubt if the spring tension can be adjusted with the screw and lock not as the lock nut is up to the end of the screw collar. I had previously used a wire to go into the nozzle as I thought the nozzle was partially blocked, and that worked for a few occasions. Using a wire to go into the nozzle is not recommended. I purchased a new lance on Amazon for £19.95 as someone has found, though it was for an Alto it worked on the Hobby. Attached the new lance and Hey Presto full pressure 130psi indicating. Success!

Reply to
Williamj

It is not British. The problem is either the inlet filter or, more likely, the seals inside the pump which are easy to change if you can find the seals. Try Aliexpress for parts but no-one I know sells parts in Europe. Frankly it is better to bin it

Reply to
stuart hotchkiss

He probably has binned it in the past 11+ years since he posted his query.

Reply to
The Other John

After 12 years I’m not sure that Rick or his pressure washer are still with us.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

After 12 years that is some update!

Reply to
Fredxx
2011? I'd be surprised if it was still working after all that time. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff