Isar boiler problem L-F Error message .

Im getting an error message on my boiler . Its an Ideal isar he-30 . Its around 3 years old . The error message reads a flashing L-F . The manual suggests i ring and engineer . I belive it could be the spark generator or spark electrode , as when i turn it on it runs for about

20 secs the fan spins etc but then it slows and everything stops . .

Any help gladly appreciated as im bloody freezing . Cheers .

Reply to
Bluesplayer

Always worth Googling first as many manuals are available on-line.

at page 52. Code L - F = Flame detection error.

There's a flow chart on the next page for fault diagnosis.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Manual on the following link

Harry Stottle

snipped-for-privacy@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

So if you are competent to do so. Clean and check the flame check electrode assy and the wiring to back to the control box.

I've only worked on one of these, IIRC the wire for the flame sense is opposite the sparker??

If all those things don't give you any joy then try cetltd for a new recon control unit.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Tim Downie writes

So if this is in fact correct (don't assume it is) - then yes, it could be the spark generator

Next question is - which version do you (the OP) have ?

The version with a spark generator in the module (C3 IIRC) or with an external spark generator (C4)

BTW I repair these modules

geoff

Cricky, what a bunch of numpties!

Think I'd rather pay one competant plumber and avoid all that hassle. ;-) Of course finding that elusive beast is easier said than done.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I think I found him: between seeing the first local chap who disappeared without a trace and deciding to go with BG, I phoned around a bit more. One of them asked what type of boiler it was and when I answered "Ideal Isar", he said "Sorry, I won't work on those, they're too compact".

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn