Internal FM aerial query

OK

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Hi Tony I don't think so, not from my (fairly cursory) reading about cubical quads just now. I must have a pdf of the original design article somewhere, I will have to keep looking. IIRC it was originally for a slightly lower frequency band, I scaled the dimensions down a bit for FM.

Of course it could be some minor variant of one design or another, that's partly why I was asking about it.

I took some photos of it before I disposed of it via freecycle, typically I cannot find those either at the moment...

J^n

Reply to
jkn

and McDonalds Chocolate Penguins? and the Infradraw Method from Keynsham?

Reply to
charles

Can you spell K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M ??

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net writes

208 Medium wave, in my day it was pools adverts. >
Reply to
Tim Lamb

This morning my phone said it had 208 unread emails. I watch the number climb through the medium wave then when it gets to the 500s I empty it.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

My Denon currently shows -

R1 MP2 128K JOINTST R2 MP2 128K JOINTST R3 MP2 160K JOINTST R4 MP2 128K JOINTST

Could this be coming from a repeater station in Sussex ?. I gather there is one somewhere near Goodwood.

Further INFO for R3 shows -

12B 225.648 MHz

No idea what JOINTST means. It's what the front panel shows when I press INFO on the remote.

Reply to
Andrew

Ah, just looked at that link and R3 seems to show as

160-192K, while R1,2 and R4 show as 112-128K

What are the conditions where the lower figure is broadcast ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Jim will have wet dreams if he looks at the 'dipole' in that link

Reply to
Andrew

JOINTST means 'Joint Stereo'  It's basically a mode where most of the available bandwidth is used for the core mono signal, and the (L-R) difference signal is a separate psychoacousticaly coded stream

For full blown stereo, you want 'Discrete'. Both left and right channels are encoded separately at the same bandwidth.  No UK DAB station uses Discrete

The 'Goodwood' DAB transmitter you're thinking of is The Trundle

However, that doesn't carry the BBC Mux, only the regional 'South Hants' mux. You are probably using Burton Down
Doesn't make any difference to the bit rates, all transmitters being in a single frequency network carry an identical transport stream. As the link I provided shows in the first two block diagrams, it's

5LiveSports Extra and Parliament pop up stations that prompt R3 to drop from 192 to 160
Reply to
Mark Carver

Correction. Radio 3 might be in Discrete Stereo when it runs at 192k, it drops to JS at 160k

Reply to
Mark Carver

Is medium wave the bit between t*ts and fanny?

Reply to
ARW

Trust you to lower the tone.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I thought that was what 'bagging a Munro' meant to a Scotsman

Reply to
Andrew

Medium wave didn't have any tone. Just lots of snap, crackle and pop. Especially when listening to Caroline after dark.

Reply to
Andrew