Installing heater under a flat roof for snow?

And we're always the ones that get butt-dialled :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns

No problem, Ursula. I shall try not to be too mortally offended...

Reply to
Adrian

xxxx

Permaroof, who make the EDPM I'm going to use sell this:

EPDM Through Wall/Paraphet Outlet,

But as Andrew says I'm now worried about it getting clogged with leaves, so better to use the full width of the hole in the wall with some sort of overhang and hopper on the outside.

But if I use wood for the overhang i'm worried it will rot over the decades, and if I use metal i'm worried it will conduct coldness and increase ice build up... so some sort of plastic base for the EDPM and overhang?

I'm off to a one day course at permaroof tomorrow

george

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Use metal - it will make no practical difference. If it's that cold, stuff will freeze anyway and vice versa.

Reply to
Tim Watts

tim wrote: [Use metal (under the EDPM at the outlet) - it will make no practical difference. If it's that cold, stuff will freeze anyway and vice versa. ]

hm.. and if the air temperature gets above zero then the metal will pick this up and transfer it to the ice quicker and melt it quicker ... if my physics is correct ...

[g]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Interesting pictures which explain much but still raise a couple of questions.

That shed door thingie to the right of the picture - is it a shed door or your access to the roof? I assume the area to the right of the picture is your area of concern for flooding, not the roof to the left which is covered in plastic sheeting?

The brick wall in the centre looks new (or at least recently fettled). Is this the cause of your concern about drainage?

Any chance of a picture facing to the right, with that little door in the left of the picture, showing what is there opposite the new low pitch roof you are constructing? This is just me being very nosey because the whole set up looks fascinating.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David