Illegal house extension demolished

Yeah, and I want a hundred quid in the post every day.

Doesn't mean it will happen though. You may find that both are unrealistic in the current economic sitaution.

Reply to
Mike Pellatt

Well you will have to take that is what was said. All that is said on TV is not on the Internet.

Reply to
IMM

Maxie, did you expect 1000 violins as well?

Reply to
IMM

Are you a gangster of some sort?

It depends on your heavies.

Heavies must be expensive.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

But there is a lot of quotations from Vauxhall and others on the net relating to the closure and yet not one of them refers to planning/expansion/green belt issues. You would have thought that if it was an issue it would have such a hot potato that it would have been referred to somewhere. If you know that part of Luton at all you would know that there is plenty of land that has been and is being/available to be developed, a hugely important local employer would not have been held back on lack of development land, the council were desperate to keep them going. I worked at the Vauxhall plant on a number of occasions and believe me space wasn't a problem. It was a commercial decision on the part of GM.

Reply to
David

In article , IMM writes

Where exactly is this green belt land that the main Vauxhall works could use for expansion? It all looks pretty built-up around there to me.

The only green bits near there apart from the Vauxhall Sports Club grounds are the airport and Luton Hoo.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Thanks. I'll try HSE.

Geoff

Reply to
GB

I had problems with an attic conversion built by a previous owner of my 1st floor flat. The local building control (Scotland) were very much concerned with fire regs - it cost a fortune to fix to their satisfaction when I was selling! Phone building control and explain the situation - they don't bite.

Reply to
Aaron Aardvark