IKEA Disappointment (Rant)

On Friday, 24 February 2017 12:15:10 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

if yuo;ve empoyed somneone that canlt do the job, then what yuo need is someone that can, if you;ve employed someone that canl;t do the job yuo employed them to do, who gets the blame ? If you don't want the blame and sacking them is too difficult or embaressing then give them a good refernce and hope they leave or promote them and that leaves a 'hole' or post that needs filling, you can then get someone in that can do the job.
On 24/02/2017 10:39, tim... wrote:

People might be reluctant to obey someone who was their peer until recently. Or they might be jealous that a mate has been promoted over them.
--
Max Demian

On Friday, 24 February 2017 14:41:00 UTC, Max Demian wrote:

Especailly if that 'mate' is better in bed.

Happened all the time in my job. Most just accept it. If you work closely with others doing the same sort of job and any promotion is fair, why would others not accept it?
I'd say bringing in some unknown is likely to cause more resentment. Especially if they fail to deliver - which is quite often the case.
Say you want a foreman. Be reasonable to expect him to have a very good working knowledge of both the job and those he will supervise. And decent management will already have marked him (and others) out as a suitable candidate for future promotion by noting his performance, both skills and getting on with others.
Bringing in an outsider tells that workforce what their management thinks of them.
--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

#The working class can kiss my arse...#
--
Max Demian

Isn't it the job of management to make sure the floor staff serve the customers properly? If not, please say what it is?
--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The bottom line is all that matters with that sort of place. They would normally just replace anyone not good enough with another on minimum wage. So it sounds like the management of that particular branch don't care much either.
I had a bad experience with IKEA (not really down to the staff) and haven't used them since. But then there's not much that they sell that I want now anyway. Could be different if I was setting up a house for the first time.
--
*Strip mining prevents forest fires.

On 18/02/2017 22:19, TheChief wrote:

I wonder if my ex wife still works there?
--

Adam

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 10:19:04 PM UTC, TheChief wrote:

YOU ARE LUCKY!
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/ikea1.wma
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/ikea2.wma