how much for a new CH system

as I am having difficulty getting someone to do a swap for my boiler, I was wonder what current prices are for a completely new system as a replacement

combi boiler with instant hot water.

2 bed flat, so perhaps 6 rads, simple linear layout, wooden boarded floor with pipe work to be installed between joists.

any ideas anyone?

(and before anyone gives me the S Yorkshire price, this is M25 area :-( )

tim

Reply to
tim...

WAVES FRANTICALLY So you're in Prestwich too? ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

Um no

:-(

tim

Reply to
tim...

STWNFI has just had a quote for a new Rayburn to also replace our oil boiler. £15,000 plus brick work to restore the chimney and widen the opening.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I've seen a swap the other year (altering existing pipework but otherwise no new pipework) with a new WB 30i Combi done for a bit over 2 grand.

That boiler can be had for a bit over 1 grand inc VAT. So that should give you some idea of the GasSafe / fitting overheads. This was in an expensive area in the SE, so you will probably be able to get it for less even in the M25.

Reply to
Tim Watts

that's a bit more than I was expecting :-(

and I haven't a clue who STWNFI is

she that will not ????

tim

Reply to
tim...

Fuck indoors.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very good.

Reply to
ARW

LOL, considering Mike's appearance.

Reply to
Richard

Just had 3 quotes for a complete system replacement (New Boiler in different position, 12 rads and pressurised tank.) Old system is single pipe under the concrete floor downstairs so quote is for new pipework under first floor with drops to d/s rads)

Quotes were 7.8k, 12k and 13.3k

the 13.3k one (not BG incidentally) gave a full breakdown Boiler install 2.7K Pressurised Cylinder (210lt) 1.8k Install rads 6k

Central Southern England.

Reply to
Chris B

kinell.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Plausible if its a decent boiler...

and that...

but that is taking the piss!

Indeed!

Reply to
John Rumm

Be interesting to have that further broken down into parts and labour. Someone is making a very good living at those prices.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Still can't see it. I changed mine for a Viessmann which I got after shopping around for about a grand. Needed a lot of pipework alteration, but managed it all in a couple of days. It was a few years ago, but they ain't gone up by that much.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The quote is for a WB Greenstar 30i System Boiler but it doesn't go as far as parts/labour cost breakdown.

(Both of the cheaper quotes are for the same boiler but just a "whole job" costing)

Reply to
Chris B

New price about 850 on Ebay. Delivered.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The boiler on its own is probably around £1300 with a flue... (possibly more if its a complicated flue run).

The cylinder anything from £700 to £1500 depending on make and model etc. Add on another £500 say for pipe, rads[1], filter, etc and you could be at a parts cost of £3K+

[1] assuming bog standard and not "designer" rads.

Based on my own experience of doing a system boiler install, unvented cylinder, and conversion from old vented system, with a few rad changes, I would guess you could be looking at up to 15 man days of work.

Reply to
John Rumm