Honeywell roomstat digital replacement

My bad. So increase the heater current.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That doesn't work either - it would oscillate. There's a limit to how low the hysteresis of a mechanical thermostat can be, and I would guess the Honeywell is near it.

Richard.

reply by email change 'news' to my forename.

Reply to
Richard Russell

If it is anything like a Drayton time switch then you are either the 'genius' who designed it or you have a backwards mounted reverse Polish notation brain that works in Octal and base 194 and a quarter.

Even with the instructions I found programming in basic twice a day hot water and central heating next to impossible when an 84 year old neighbour who'd had it for 10 years found that she couldn't remember how to set the timers.

After two attempts and about an half an hour I cracked it - but couldn't remember what I'd done a few hours later when there was a problem with the once/twice/continuous setting. It's one of the most illogical, obscure user interfaces I've ever come across, in fact I think It's the closest I've come with any electronic device to picking up a big hammer and smashing the heap of crap to bits!

Thank f*ck for my Honeywell programmer! (I do like Drayton TRV's though)

Reply to
Mike

No 'genius', only used to the way it's done. Mind you, setting up the radio version from scratch would be nearly impossible without the words: for a start, there are 2 batteries (only thing that I've seen that has 2 since the early battery-powered valve radios) and it's necessary to close the 2 drawers in the correct order! I don't know what happens if one does it incorrectly.

Ah, I had those and they started vibrating after 14 months' use so I got some Pegler form Screwfix.

Reply to
PeterC