Heterogenous CH and HW system

No pressure here but I am looking for the definitive answer to how to solve this quandry?! I've just bought a grade II listed farmhouse with an existing Aga which has to stay... As it is staying we are going to use it during the months of Oct to April... During the summer months I intend to use Solar panels and have applied to install them on a hidden area of the roof..... Running alongside both these systems throughout the year will be a wood pellet boiler....I want to use all the hot water that is being produced by the Solar and Aga to its maximum and then for the system to call on the boiler as it needs. Added to this, I want mains pressure hot water and UFH to both be supplied by the combined system. I know it can be done but I want to know what is the best way of linking them all together? Is it to use 1 big thermal store; a "neutraliser" by Dunsley heat; a buffer tank and unvented cylinder or any combination of these. Any help gratefully received

Reply to
ch8rlie2000

Anyone up for a bet?

How long before Drivel turns up?

Reply to
dom

And TNP will suggest demolition and rebuild...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A large tall thermal store would get you the ability to have all 3 devices input heat at differing temps, and give you some degree of storage too.

Some more info here:

when you want to get into design details, I can recommend news:alt.solar-thermal.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Not in this case I won't. Sounds delightful.

Expensive, being listed, mind.

Npow what was the question?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

One large thermal store (heat bank) with a solar coil (although can be heated directly from solar panels). The store gives:

- a buffer,

- neutral point,

- mains DHW

- a great point for three differing heat inputs, well 4 if you have the electric immersion backup.

Avoid the Dunsley - an expensive empty drum. Avoid an unvented cylinder too. Dangerous with uncontrolled heat inputs..and an annual service required too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

show a diagram of all he wants.

Reply to