Heat distribution around home

I wonder if it depended on the builder and/or on the geographic location. My instinct is that post war rebuilds were pretty much all cavity wall identikit semi-detatched houses with minor regional variations.

But the prevalence of solid wall build prior to that seems to be quite variable. I think most of the back to back terraces were solid wall, but that the next size up may have been cavity wall or triple brick.

But some that were retained and modified in Manchester evidently were not (or now have had sophisticated internal insulation added).

Reply to
Martin Brown

It was very geography variable. Coastal places used cavities long before everyone else caught up, primarily to keep the inner leaf dry. The popular notion that 1800s houses don't have cavities is plain wrong, many do, many don't. And they often have a mix of wall constructions in one house.

Reply to
Animal

I wonder where the 2-leaf wall systems was developed in the world ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Not convinced that it originated in one place. Bet it showed up in various places.

Reply to
chop