Govt Website Hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Government website Hacked ,This time it's Target
GOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For more Information Click here...........
Thanks & Regards,
Gopi
Reply to
Gopi
In message , Gopi writes
Hey, the retard forgot to include the URL
mind you ...
25 million peoples records "lost" on a couple of disks - surely the death knell for the ID card system
Well, of course, it isn't but it should be
Reply to
geoff
You didnt hear the Govt. spokeman on R4 earlier then? She was asked if this was the end of ID cards, as clearly, the security of our details is not safe. She replied that no, it has nothing to do with ID cards, as they will all be held on brand new technology, and no-one will be able to access those details, unlike on the old system that HMRC use. Right, we know now that our details will be safe. Until it happens again. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:25:31 +0000 Mark wrote :
There's a little difference between having access to someone's details, (request hopefully audit logged) and being able to copy 25 million of them on to a CD (which then someone unscrupulous could copy free of any audit checks).
Reply to
Tony Bryer
Great info for genealogists, who normally have to wait 100 years for such things to be in the public domain. Can't really see what all the fuss is about. Bank details without card or pin numbers? Big deal.
Reply to
Stuart Noble
On Nov 21, 12:24 pm, Stuart Noble wrote:
It's bank details along with children's names which, if you've used as passwords for the bank account a smany people apparently do, ...
MBQ
Reply to
Man at B&Q
My password is a 12 digit number followed by another 12 digit text/number combination. Does anyone really have a name that long which is mostly numbers?
Reply to
Stuart Noble
and it also contains NI numbers & dates of birth. The latter some organisations insist on using as "security".
Reply to
Mark
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:29:29 +0000 Mark wrote :
I've noticed that several institutions now let you create your own questions and answers, presumably because this sort of info is not as secure as it might have been. So if you want to log into one of my bank accounts you'll need to know where the hotel is
Reply to
Tony Bryer
The issue is more of a procedural one than of the usability of the specific data.
Besides, if it results in the demise of the chancellor and his boss, I'd be pleased to know who the offending junior civil servant is and buy him dinner. On his own of course - I couldn't bring myself to have dinner *with* an HMRC employee.
Reply to
Andy Hall
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:30:31 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
This highlights the defeciency in these so-called "memorable" questions/answers that are used nowadays IMHO. They only provide any security if you do not give a correct (and therefore memorable) answer.
Reply to
Mark
Oh the answer is correct enough.
Its a question of finding the right question..one that looks like it has an easy answer, but in fact doesn't.
Shared secrets are the key to security at that level.
"what is the name of the first girl you slept with" "I'm gay"
etc. etc. ;-)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Site Timeline Threads