Google Group posts - tell Google about it?

You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py
I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?
All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

I see there is a voting option for "Default quoting of previous message in replies"
So they know it is an issue FFS!!
Sparks...
Chris Bacon wrote:

I agree - I suspect it saves them storage space.... my suggestion is to add 2/3K of text to each un-contextualised GG post :)
cupra wrote:

I suspect it's some sort of control thing - making reading/posting from GGroups "easier" than using "third-party" stuff, cf. Microsoft products.

Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack
Mike Halmarack wrote:

Ii's a Usenet-wide problem. I certainly have better things to do than plough through context-less posts and try to find out what they mean, hence trying to do something about it, rather than doing eff-all. If you also have better things to do, you might complain too, it only takes a moment.
|Mike Halmarack wrote: |> Chris Bacon wrote: |>> You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" here: |>> |>> http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py |>> |>> I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make |>> a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you? |>> |>> All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat. |> |> Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do. | |Ii's a Usenet-wide problem. I certainly have better things to do than |plough through context-less posts and try to find out what they mean, |hence trying to do something about it, rather than doing eff-all. If |you also have better things to do, you might complain too, it only |takes a moment.
Then point out the problems at no cost to you in a sig.
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*

Good man
--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
Chris Bacon wrote:

Google works just fine.

Yes, I voted for 'default quoting' some time back, however I got so ipssed off a few days back after a ream of non quoters on different groups I just killfile all the Google posts now, which is maybe a little harsh on those with a clue, but it puts reading news back the pleasant (?) state it was before Google became popular.
Maybe if everyone has adds sig requesting Google do default quoting they'll get the message.