Funny nozzle on tube of builder's resin

It's for mixing the two components as they are ejected from the cartridge (which has inner and outer concentric tubes containing the two parts).

Phil.

Lobster wrote:

Reply to
Phil

Just bought a tube of builder's resin - the two-component stuff designed to be injected from a sealant gun. Included inside the long nozzle is a long, loose, twirly metal thing - what is the function of this? I'm assuming it's either intended to aid mixing of the consituent gunge as its injected - and therefore should be left in place - or it's for cleaning out the gunge from the nozzle after use.

No mention of this in the instructions.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

It's a mixer.

The gunk that Fischer supplies for their threaded stud wall fixings is done in the same way.

Very clever but you throw the nozzle away after use.

Reply to
Andy Hall

As others have said, just for mixing. Last time I used resin like this, it was so hard to pump I bent the trigger of the (flimsy I suppose) sealant gun. :-(

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews