fitting plasterboard with foam: never again!

I thought that was the way you were thinking. As it happens, our house also has a brick inner leaf, it is only the extension and the conservatory that have internal blockwork. It was when I was building the conservatory that I used this method.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

an old victorian house. Taken a lot of walls back to brick and run in new p lumbing and electrics. My question is.......

would the foam give you the depth?

ith fitting back boxes first is getting the holes cut in the correct place

- can be done though. A trick on DIY SOS I saw once was to put the plasterb oard against the wall with backboxes and "bang" it to create an impression of the back box.

box to mark the plasterboard, which sort of works too. But it never fits q uite as well as you expected !

s in place, is getting the box into the hole whilst the wires are blocking the hole. The best thing I found is to cut into the plasterboard to give mo re play in the cables, then fill this with some plaster afterwards.

afety in case of fire, etc. You can get some special fixings for this purpo se. I've not used them but I assume they are like hammer-in frame fixings b ut with a broad shallow head on top (I've just visualised Stewie from Famil y Guy).

Sorry for the delay, just seen this reply.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Not seen these before - thanks.

Reply to
Piers

The option of installing plasterboard by SDS hammer strikes me [pun intended] as rather violent

Reply to
Andy Burns