FIT slashed

to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

Reply to
Huge

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of Phillips can be converted?

Reply to
Adrian C

+1
Reply to
Roger Mills

Good. It was robbing from the poor to give to the rich. Shame it wasn't completely abolished.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Not bothered, although I would be amused if certain individuals lost it.

Reply to
Huge

Watch and wait... its coming.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1

I hope they now also reduce (or even abolish) the 6% surcharge that's being added to the energy bills to cover stuff like FIT.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

The way it works is that the distribution companies are forced to pay over the odds to the FITTers.

And so bills have to rise..I am not sure there is a fixed surcharge - its just that te companies are having to raise prices becaise

- gas is more expensive

- coal is taxed

- renewables are mandatory and cost 2-10 times more

- the nuclear that we have paid for 40 years ago is now coming off line.

- maintaining the backup plant for the renewables is now expeniove as well..

- with Germany's nuclear plant now offline we are having to take up the slack by running more expensive coal as well. Germany's decision added about 10% to everyone's bill. Its good for our balance of payments as we are now moving towards net electricity exports, BUT it means higher prices.

If we get a cold winter, lord knows if the EU mainland will be able to cope.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ditto, they missed an opportunity for common sense to dictate over pure greenwash and greed.

Reply to
The Other Mike

The word is 'leech'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , harry writes

Until we come round with an angle grinder

we know who you are, we know where you live

... going out this weekend?

Reply to
geoff

Have you looked up "elite" in a dictionary?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why? The bottom has just been knocked out of the market.

Except that actually getting a system installed before 12th Dec might be quite tricky with all the accredited Solar PV firms fully booked up...

4/5ths of bugger all. From the article linked to at the start of this thread:

"As a result, figures from Ofgem show the amount of solar power installed in the UK has increased dramatically, from 30 megawatts (MW) before the subsidy started in 2010 to 321MW by October this year."

321MW installed capacity with UK deamnd of around 40,000MW so about 0.8%.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space heating lately all summer.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/ triple glazing seem to be same people...

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

and a capacity factor of around 10% so 0.08% overall

In what ? 6 months?

An average of 600 watts?

And that was the summer.

So an average of 300 watts over the year?

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

plastic shirt, greasy smile..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And "completed" means installed and registered.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I nearly did. But why waste all that money on a new car when the old one works fine?

Reply to
ARWadsworth