Downlighters - how many in a kitchen?

On Monday, 7 October 2019 07:34:09 UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

For a similar size kitchen I have downlights in 0.6 m pitch in longer side and in 1.2 m rows which light up uniformly. However spots like cooktops / range have short florscent units right abov e at 1.8 m height from ground ( mostly anchored to exhaust grill work) to make it easy for the misses !

Thanks (and to everyone else). I experimented with a few different downlighters yesterday (I haven't plasterboarded the ceiling yet) and was not impressed with them. It seemed that a 0.6m to 0.8m pitch would be needed regardless of beam angle (all were about 500 lumen) and that's a lot of lights. I'm now considering the LED panels that people have recommended and will start a new thread about them.