dog crap bin

had one of those 'dog loo's' in the garden, the type you dig a hole, line it with pebbles, stick the plastic bin in and back fill, then insert the dog crap, the digester liquid, and once a week fill it with water, where it mushes the crap up and that's about it,

2 months of use and it was full, so i guess our clay soil cant allow it to flow away, (only got one dog, does 2 craps a day)

i dont have access to a sewer, manhole or soil pipe, or i'd put it in the sewer and flush it through, so it's going to have to go in a bin, to be transferred to the main wheelie bin every 2nd week on the day it's emptied.

i can buy one of the dog bins the councils put in parks, costing from 70 to

300 quid, but cant afford that kind of dosh for something to store shit in.

anyone know of a small-ish (say 20 litre) bin, that can be wall mounted (so it dosent get knocked over by the energetic dog running about) that has a very good sealing flip up lid, it's the lid bit that i am having trouble finding, the crap will be in the bin for 2 weeks, and the garden is only 10 meters square with neighbors on all 3 sides, and the house on the other, so i can't have any smell escaping.

Reply to
Gazz

Just bury the crap in a hole in the corner - or in the flower bed... Do the plants good and it wil not smell under even 4" earth...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Build yourself a crapapult and fire it into the neighbours' gardens ;)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

just shovel it down the toilet ffs.

Oddly enough, toilets are designed for crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Gazz" saying something like:

Get a blue HDPE barrel with a round lid and clamp. You can rawlbolt a chain to the wall and secure one of the side handles to it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Just buy a wadge of Sainsbury's el cheapo nappy bags (something like

9p for 100), pick up the crap using the bag like a glove and tying it by the handles. You can then safely deposit the encapsulated turds in your wheelie bin (which should really be emptied weekly).. When out walking the dog carry a dozen or so bags for the same purpose, (you might even embarrass other dog owners to clean up after their pets by "lending" them a bag) disposing of the bags preferably in dog waste bins or at least normal waste bins.
Reply to
Frank Erskine

Or just use Sainsbury's even more el cheapo carrier bags, like wot I do. Have recently invested in a small plastic Pooper Scooper from Petsmartathomeworld or whatever they are called actually; but the principle is the same - turds are bagged and straight into the normal wheelie bin. Emptied fortnightly, and I have no problem with smells.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Agreed. It's what we do with our cat's crap.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Crap makes great fertiliser once its rotted. Bury it.

NT

Reply to
NT

Perhaps a cork for the dog and only remove it when taking it for a long walk away from your garden.

Reply to
82045

I trained my cats to shit in the neighbours garden.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Find a South East Asian takeaway.

Problem permanently solved.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Use little dog poo bags. You can tie the ends up so no smell escapes. Put the bags in your dustbin. Then f*ck off and troll anther newsgroup.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

That explains the driveway.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The cat loved the limestone chippings. Too scared to used the back garden as their chickens are bigger than the cat:-)

Anyway, as they have scaffolding up at the moment I am just waiting for one of the kids to fall. CCTV at the ready......

Reply to
ARWadsworth