DECT dual phones. Shared number phonebooks vis Copying phonebooks

Hi,

Really needing a new DECT phone, and want a dual or duo set of them. But cant find any sane feature descriptions anywhere. It is a wonder they sell any of these things!

I want a duo or pair of dect handsets that share numbers or have a common phonebook. Sharing the call register woul dbe extremely usefull as well.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Have a look at the Gigaset (Siemens) series. I recently bought the c610a triple (Argos £64.99). You can share the phonebook with these. I think many of the series has the same or similar feature set.

They are solid well made handsets. Very pleased so far.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Yes - I have the Gigaset N300A IP VOIP+POTS - multiple VOIP accounts, one POTS line, easy to choose which one for callouts and different ringtones for incoming.

The call log belongs to the base station (ie are shared over all handsets - I have 2 handsets).

Nice feature is the phone book can be loaded via the base station's web interface as VCF file . The phone book is per handset, but as it can be easily uploaded it does not bother me. I use Gmail contacts to maintain my phone numbers, have a group to assign numbers to for the ones I want on the handsets and occasionally export and upload to the phones.

I realise this may not suit the OP's usage case if they want to add numbers via the handset - but for me it works well...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Fully agree with the other posts recommending Siemens Gigaset. We have been using a twin C300 setup for over a year and found it to be excellent.

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

Also bought the Siemens Gigaset following recommendations on here and very pleased with it.

Reply to
mike

This sounds very promising. I have Gigaset SL565 at the moment and all in all very disapointed with it in many different respects.

The bluetooth interface is a joke an cannot cope wih more than one VCF entry in a file. Has this limitation been fixed?

But chief amoung the disapoints is that it does not share its phone books rather I can copy them between phones, which is pritty useless. (It does not remove deleted entries on the partner phone when making copies. Renames and spelling corrections etc just result in duplicate entries on the partner.)

The wife finds the answerphone UI very difficult to use. I wonder if it has changed?

Copying VCF files from my mac to each phone is fine. I think I will get one.

Thanks

Tim Watts wrote:

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Folks, thanks for your help.

Bought a new Siemens Gigaset N330A with S795 handsets. And so far it appears fantastic from the features and functionality point of view. Still to plum the various big brother features and disable them. But its head and shoulders better than any previous DECT phone I have ever seen.

Anybody figured out how to send your own > > > On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:13:13 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@twig-me-uk.not.here (Fergus

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Own information?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Oups my previous post referred to the n330a instead of the n300a

Further to the above I have to state that the N300A/S795 reception on handsets at the far end of the house is noticibly poorer than the previous Gigaset SL565 with SL56 handsets it replaced. The new N300A is hanging from the exact same nail in the attic siteing and use is identical.

I would have liked to register my old Gigaset SL56 handsets to the N300A and see if it was the new handset or basestation that is responsible for the poor reception. However the N300 web site does not appear to allow me to put the basestation into registartion mode I have to climb back into the attic!

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Where is this web-site?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I think he means the web server running on the N300.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The phone has a single line scrolling display of weather and other bibs and bobs of information from the internet. I have to log into some gigaset/siemens website to select the infomation my phone dsplays. It can also display how many new EMails I have. However I really dont like having siemens so closely involved with the info displayed on my phone.

I suspect its a simple RSS based technology but wanted to know if anybody had done anything to push their own feeds at the phone; bypassing gigaset/siemens.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Correct, I case you are unaware, the N300a supports VOIP, which is not why I bought it, however it has a RJ45 eithernet jack and its own website for admin and setup.

However the N300a connects to the internet to get time information as well as info for a one line scrolling display of weather type information. It can also connect to my POP email servers and let me know if I have unread emails. Does not do IMAP.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

OK, thanks.

My interest is that I have a Gigaset C300A triple set. These work fine, but I've often wondered if there is some way of downloading vCard contacts to the phone, eg as "messages"? There seems to be something called the "Network Mailbox" on this phone, but I've never understood what this is, or how it functions.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I suspect the phone is pulling, an figured to do as you suggest. As best I can tell the address its polling is hardcoded into the firmware. There was nothing I could see to configure. I never thought to try telenet or ssh. Ta!

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie