Covid-19 and antihistamines

Gentlemen,
Given that the really catastrophic damage a minority of CV sufferers experience is caused not by the virus itself but by the body's over-
reaction to it, would antihistamines not prevent, or at least ameliorate, said over-reaction?
On 08/04/20 00:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:

No. Google "cytokine storm".
--

Jeff

That depends I guess, not every citokine reaction is the cause of the death, often it can be simple secondary infection or sepsis. and apologies for the spelling my spellchucker is not a medical one. Brian
--
----- --
On 08/04/2020 00:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:

If it were that simple, there wouldn't be such a problem. However, they are testing a variety of drugs that are used for other conditions, to see whether any of those work.
--
Colin Bignell