Collision detection

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Prick.
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Pillock.

My god, you're using two words now, have you upgraded your auto-reply software?
--
I imposed a declaration in opposition to your motion to modify the preliminary injunction in support of the cross motion to vacate the preliminary injunction. So noted by the Federal Court of Justice proceeding preliminary declaration.

If it was wall to wall sun in 'Frisco, it was a STRANGE occurrence. Both times I was in Frisco we had some rain, and the temperatures were very moderate. Mid seventies F is pretty much the norm year round.

For the avoidance of doubt: I lived in the Bay Area for 12 years and *nobody* calls it 'Frisco. OK?
--
Lady Astor: "If you were my husband I'd give you poison." Churchill: "If
you were my wife, I'd drink it."

Sounds strange they have no seasons? I thought only the equator was like that.
--
The reason people sweat is so that they won't catch fire when having sex.

On 07/10/17 14:29, Tim Streater wrote:

Try Johannesburg. One dull misty day in three years. And one day of snow.

Corse that never happens in Britain.
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 06:22:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"

British climate = 1 day of summer and 364 days of bad weather.
On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 13:35:52 +0100, Tim Streater

On the whole, most of North America is more habitable than most of Oz. Just that some of the habitable areas of OZ are a bit nicer than some of the habitable areas of NA.
Personally, having lived, worked, and travelled in MANY areas of the world, I find "home" about as good as anywhere (interlaken area of south central Ontario, snuggled between the great lake which moderate the climate, while occaisionally dumping a few feet of "lake effect" snow in the winter, and rain in the summer. Sure, we get a few days of stifling humidity every year, and the winters are predicatably unpredictable - but spring anf fall are FANTASTIC - and no Hurricanes.

Bullshit in winter.

Pity about the winter.

Fucked, IMO.

So fucked.

None here either.
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 07:02:20 +1100, "Rod Speed"

One thing I missed in Zambia was - - - WINTER

Love it - IMO

LOVE it

More fool you.

More fool you.

On 07/10/17 12:58, Tim Streater wrote:

What is the pint of anything?
I mean really, what are you on about?
--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.
On 10/7/2017 6:39 AM, TMS320 wrote:

I have no idea what your problem is. I'm comfortable with mine 12 months of the year. No matter the temperature, hot or cold or in between. Maybe you need a better car.
On 07/10/17 13:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From what you said in your other post, I understand why you don't understand:-

Plenty work fine in spring and autumn and it doesn’t matter how long they last when it works fine in those conditions.
On 06/10/17 14:24, Tim Streater wrote:

Glad someone agrees with me. The air driven into the cabin has far greater effect on comfort than the temperature of the final mix. In my previous car, the number of times I wanted to shove a pointed stick through that smug little lcd... it was really nice to go back to a manual system.

No reason why a well designed smug little lcd system can't do it like that if you have told it you want it to operate like that, and no reason why it can't work out when to do it hot or cold based on the temp inside the car and outside it either.
On 07/10/17 04:41, Rod Speed wrote:

Yes, it's only software and not the hardware. So only the reason it doesn't do it is a bit like the reason you don't use punctuation.