Choice of new boiler

That is cancelled. 4th & 5th June instead. Some diamond geezer...

polygonum

AH! Cheers Rod. Being retired now, bank holidays have become less significant! More a case of being days when the great unwashed are blocking the roads etc and I stay well out of the way. I suppose street parties will once again be the order of the day. Time to get an extra big bag of humbugs in stock!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm surprised that they are still allowing that extra bank holiday to go ahead considering that this year's extra holiday was made to take the blame for the latest economic lack-of-growth figures. Or maybe they just want a handy excuse for next year's.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only if incorrectly installed

Eh! Bollocks!

I debated as to fit a condensing boiler when I fitted my existing one I could have had a grant towards the extra costs, but declined as it would still have been more expensive. Your arguments would have been valid then, in

1993, but with improved boilers due to the experience of nearly two decades of the use of condensing boilers it certainlty is no longer valid.

I am currently debating which boiler to replace my current one with when it conks out in a big way. Vaillant, Veissman or WB? It may be a few years hence but when reliability drops it will be replaced. However, a 45 year old one will be so inefficient that on costs replacement is a no brainer.

Reply to
<me9

LOL! You and me also. Your views on weekends and bank holidays change dramatically once you are retired!

Reply to
Ret.

Only for those who worked 9-5 Monday to Friday. I never did during all my working career. And I'd say I'm hardly alone, given the preponderance of 7 day opening, etc. 'Office hours' seem to be more and more reserved for those privileged government employees. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I never had a boiler fail on Christmas eve until we got our first condensing boiler. The bl**dly thing must have known!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Mainly because one doesn't notice them - if I go shopping on a different day I'm out of sync. until the next week. Work has some advantages, resetting the clock and an excuse not to do jobs for others being a couple of them.

Reply to
PeterC

You certainly notice them when you are retired. Those are the days when the roads and shopping centres are packed solid. Those are the days to avoid... I would certainly never dream of going on holiday or on a long journey on a bank holiday these days.

Reply to
Ret.

.Robbie

Reply to